Our favorite hashtags are the ones made with batter. Good thing our friends at Epi-Food know that our love goes through our stomachs, so they whipped up this farm-tastic waffle recipe that makes us relive all our childhood cravings.
Ingredients for the Blueberry Cake Waffles (for 2-3 pers.):
For the waffles:
- 250 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 50 g coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tablespoons Oat Base
- 250 ml water
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
For the topping:
- 150 g frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut blossom sugar or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons still water
- 200 g soy yogurt, unsweetened
- some rapeseed oil for baking
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Preparation of Blueberry Cake Waffles:
- Mix whole spelt flour with baking powder, vanilla and coconut blossom sugar.
- Mix carbonated water with oat powder. If there are any lumps, use a whisk. Add oat-water mixture and canola oil to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Brush the waffle iron with a little rapeseed oil and pour about 3-4 tablespoons of the batter into the waffle iron for one waffle. Bake the waffles one after the other and leave to cool slightly on an oven rack.
- Simmer frozen blueberries with water and maple syrup in a saucepan for about 10 minutes so that the blueberries break down and form a thick berry mixture.
- Divide waffles between 2-3 plates and top each with soy yogurt and blueberry mixture. Add maple syrup to taste and serve lukewarm. Bon Epi-tit!
Source: recipe from Epi-Food.